No I’m not sleeping in these days nor have I run out of things to say. You kidding? I just seem to be juggling cats most all the time any more and wondering in years past where I found the time to spend filling this page with dog and snake stories, grampa tales and avuncular pronouncements about things environmental. Below: some of what I’ve been up to by way of a “story” I created (with a few images also from Andy M) from Saturday’s Floyd …

Not Sleeping In Read more »

The trailer here points the way for more of what you’ll see–and afterwards, discuss at the Floyd Country Store, perhaps after sharing a pot-luck dinner staring at 6:30. Highly recommended. Take a look at this month’s SustainFloyd Newsletter, or skip straight to this Sustainfloyd Family Album 2 minute slide show of people, places and events in the Floyd community during 2015. Newsletter for December 2015 SustainFloyd Family Album Slide Show [su_button url=”http://sustainfloyd.org/donate/” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#eadea1″ color=”#1f1717″ size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: pagelines” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”1px 1px …

The Family Farm: This Week’s Final Film Read more »

Still debriefing from our trip to Missouri and back a short while ago, I have dug out another image from the road. The background was shot from the passenger’s side, going Ann’s interstate speed (which is considerably faster than Fred’s) and I marvel at what turned out to be an image with remarkable crispness and freedom from blur. [click to enlarge] The iPhone 6s Plus is turning out to be a very good camera indeed. And I once used it for a call! The second …

The Ecology of Well-being Read more »

You’ll note that I have protected the anonymity of the hunter as well as taking the precautionary measure of doing the same to the deer, so as to avoid any legal actions by relatives of the deceased. I can count on the fingers of one hand then number of times we’ve been surprised by another human voice on our trails. Then, generally, it’s a predictable neighbor who has a long tradition of using the “New Road” down from his end of Goose Creek Gorge …

The Buck Stops Here Read more »

So several things are or will soon be taking more of my attention, even while the impulse to share by way of this irrelevant blog keeps begging for some share of my attention and I cannot refuse it. First, the new notion and intention to tell the personal stories behind the vendors and farmers and volunteers and members of SustainFloyd. This is a developing “working group” in whose future elaboration I am involved, as it has sort of fallen into my lap in a …

Business With Pleasure: Storytelling With Purpose Read more »