Category Community

Oct 19: Speaking at The Wednesday Club

I’m very much looking forward to special opportunity to share my photography and writing with a receptive audience in Danville on Wednesday, October 19. This will be my 2nd visit to the Wednesday cCub——a women’s organization that has a long…

Creek Jots ~ 26 Sept

* Good thing we foraged the wild grapes last week. The tame ones within the garden stockade all disappeared in one night, not a one on the ground, every one in a coon belly. I hope they got a belly…

Making the Market Better: Please Help

Dear Floyd Farmers Market Patrons, On behalf of the Floyd Farmers Market, I would like to invite you to participate in a quick survey. The survey will only take a few minutes of your time, and asks questions pertaining to…

Gaining Traction at SustainFloyd

I’ve spent a dreary (not that we don’t need the rain) morning inside making some changes to the SustainFloyd web site, mostly adding to it materials that have come into being as the result of a recent and lengthy collaboration…

To Market, to Market…

… to buy a fat hog. Home again, home again, jiggety jog. So goes the nursery rhyme in the kids books. We used to always quote this upon returning home, but we said “friggedy frog” and Ann and I repeat…