Yes, the official Earth Day was Wednesday, April 22. We’re just being very intentional and making the day accessible to working parents and their children, farmers and out-of-town visitors.Â Below are the details. See you there!
Floyd Virginia Earth Day Celebration on Saturday, May 2, 2015, at the Floyd EcoVillage on Franklin Pike. This is a FREE, FUN educational event. Guest speaker from Mother Earth News to describe tips on growing ginseng. Eco activities for children.
Free local tree seedlings. Local ecological businesses explain products and services. From Nature walks, forestry, medicinal herbs, organic gardening tips and kite flying to the latest in solar panel technology.
Homemade food and drinks made with local ingredients will be available all day.Â There will be lots of local organizations and businesses showcasing eco-oriented products, conversationÂ and information.
For KidsÂ – free Caterpillar bouncy, Garden hat making, seed planting, FAMILY NATURE WALK AT 12:00
Free toy swap – bring some clean toysÂ to exchange.
FABULOUS Speaker Schedule
– 10:30 – Barbara Pleasant from Mother Earth News— Managing Monarchs and Milkweed
– 11:00 Jeanine Davis from Mother Earth NewsÂ Â Â – Growing Ginseng, Goldenseal and other medicinal Herbs
– 12:00 Family nature walk with Fred First, local botanist, naturalist and author
– 12:30 Jason Rutledge — Managing your Woodlot
– 1:30 David Grimsley from Appalachian Medicinal Herb Growers Consortium — on Chinese Herbs
– 2:30 Floyd Eco news — The latest projects & how you can participate
â—‹ — EcoVillage, Solarize Floyd, Sustain Floyd, Preserve Floyd & Blue Ridge Land Conservancy
â—‹ 3:30 Guided EcoVillage tour
[su_button url=”https://tackk.com/bguczx” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#a1c8ea” color=”#1f1717″ size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: thumbs-up” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”1px 1px 0px #000000″ desc=”Send this link to share the date: https://tackk.com/bguczx”]Don’t let your friends find out AFTER this event is OVER![/su_button]